To thank area veterans Tri-Rivers Career Center will be providing complimentary services to Veterans furnished by our students in their career labs Friday, November 9, 2018. “We believe our Veterans have given so much for us, it is important for us to give back,” said Roy Schweinfurth, social studies instructor and one of the event coordinators.
“In order to accommodate Veterans attending the event, we ask that they make appointments or reservations in advance for each of the services,” said Schweinfurth.
The services available to Veterans on Friday, November 9, include:
• By reservation: A Soup & Salad Bar lunch provided by our Culinary Arts students in CC Bistro serving from 10am-1pm
• By appointment: A Wash, Wax & Vacuum vehicle service provided by our Auto Technology students, vehicle drop off between 8-9am, vehicle pick-up 2:15pm
• By appointment: Manicures, Pedicures, Shampoo and Syles, Scalp Treatments provided by our Cosmetology students, appointments to begin at 9:15 and run through 10:30; and 12:15 and run through 1:30
• By appointment: Face and Body Waxing, Facial Treatment with limited makeup application if requested by our Esthetics students, appointments to begin at 12:15pm and run through 1pm for facials and 1:30 for waxing
• Servicing Lawn Equipment including: lawn mowers, chain saws, weed eaters, snow blowers and power washers by our Ag & Industrial Power students. Drop off from 8-10:30am and pick up from 12-2pm
• By appointment: Pet Grooming provided by our Veterinary Science students, 8:30am drop off. 1pm pick-up. Pet to be groomed must be up to date on vaccinations—distemper, rabies, bordetella.
• Portraits taken by our Digital Media & Entertainment students from 9am- 2pm
• Vital Signs Readings provided by our Healthcare Academy students from 8:30-10am and 12:30-2 pm
• A Computer Safety Inspection performed by our Computer Networking (CNET) students from 8:30-11am & 12:30-2pm
All Veterans in attendance will be entered into a raffle for a prize built by our Construction Trades students.
To schedule appointments for services please contact: Nancy Epley at 740-389-8598.