Safer Ohio School Tip Line
What Parents Need to Know
- Information submitted to the tip line can be done anonymously.
- The tip line accepts both calls and texts 24 hours a day.
- The tip line does not cost your school anything to utilize.
- Calls or texts to 844-SaferOH (844-723-3764) are answered by analysts within Ohio Homeland Security. If action is needed, the analysts immediately forward information to local school officials, law enforcement agencies and the Ohio School Safety Center (OSSC) for action and follow up.
- Contact your school or district directly about policies they have for notification to parents about tips received.
- Information submitted to tip lines is not a public record under Ohio law.
Do you need help now?
Text the keyword “4hope” to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor within 5 minutes.
Any person may need help in coping with a stressful situation. Reach out by text to communicate with someone trained to listen and respond in a method that is private, secure and confidential.
The Crisis Text Line is a free, confidential service available 24/7 via text on mobile devices.
Throughout Ohio, you can text the keyword “4hope” to 741 741 to be connected to a trained Crisis Counselor. Data usage while texting Crisis Text Line is free and the number will not appear on a phone bill with the mobile service carrier. People of all ages can use Crisis Text Line.
For more information about the Crisis Text Line and for supporting resources, please visit the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services website.
Ohioans experiencing suicidal crisis, mental health or addiction-related distress can now call 988, an easy-to-remember three-digit number to access free, 24/7, confidential support for themselves or loved ones.
The Lifeline provides live crisis phone services in English and Spanish and uses Language Line Solutions to provide translation services in over 250 additional languages for people who call 988. The 988 dialing code will also be available nationwide for text or chat (English only).