Veterans have given so much for us; it is time that we give back.
To thank veterans of Marion and surrounding communities, Tri-Rivers Career Center will be providing complimentary services to Veterans furnished by our students in their career labs.
In order to accommodate Veterans attending the event, we ask that appointments or reservations be made in advance for each of the services you wish to receive.
To schedule an appointment please contact: Amy Holloway at 740-389-8598.
FREE Services Available for Veterans include:
• By reservation: A Soup & Salad Bar lunch provided by our Culinary Arts students in CC Bistro serving from 10:30am-1pm.
• By appointment: A Wash, Wax & Vacuum vehicle service provided by our Auto Technology students, vehicle drop off between 8-9am, vehicle pick-up 2:15pm.
• By appointment: Esthetics 2 will be doing services 1st/2nd period (8:30-9:00am appointment times) Manicures, Hand/Arm massages & Gel polish application. Cosmetology 1 will be doing scalp treatments with Essential oils or haircuts. AM lab 9:09 start
• By Appointment: Cosmetology 2 will be doing services 7th-10th period (12:15-1:15pm appointment times) Haircuts, Styles, Scalp Massage, Manicures, Pedicures & Basic Facial Esthetics I will be doing Hand and foot Treatments for Veterans. PM lab 12:15pm start
• By Appointment: Servicing Lawn Equipment including: Lawn mowers, Chain saws, Weed Eaters, Snow blowers and Power washers by our Ag & Industrial Power students. Drop off from 8-10:30am and pick up from 12-2pm.
• By appointment: Pet Grooming provided by our Veterinary Science students, 8:30am drop off 2pm pick-up. Pet to be groomed must be up to date on vaccinations—distemper, rabies, bordetella. For pet grooming, please contact: Carrie Heimlich directly at: 740-389-8565
• Portraits taken by our Interactive Media students from 9am- 2pm.
• Health Careers Academy— Free cholesterol checks & Vital Sign readings
• By appointment: Exercise Science & Sports Medicine—wellness coaching session on the effects of stress and how to cope: the importance of mediation and the diaphragm breath.
All Veterans in attendance will be entered into a raffle for a prize built by our Construction Trades students